This is the full list of Gents recordings
and releases. You should read this in conjunction with the three other pages, which give fuller explanations of all
the singles, LPs and other recordings.
1. 7" The Faker b/w Le Pink Pantser - 1981 (double A-sided single) No pic sleeve. POSH001
2. 7" Schooldays b/w True Stories - 1982 (50 pic sleeves, for promotional use only. KOS6886
3. 7" The Gent b/w Revenge/Over Me - 1982 (Pic sleeve, B-side tracks are from This Way to the Gents cassette, recorded at Abbey Road sessions). MEGA1.
4. 7" Revenge b/w Girl - 1983 (Pic sleeve with lyric insert, later PSs had no insert & tone-raised version of photo
on reverse). POSH007.
5. 7" Shout! b/w The Faker - 1985 (B-side track is 1985 recorded version as appeared on How it all Began LP). G-7.
6. 7" New Direction b/w You are the
Sun - 1985. GN8.
7. 7" Stay with Me b/w In the Heat
of the Sun - 1985. GN9.
8. 7" Give it to Me b/w At the Dance
Part 1 - 1986. GN11.
9. 7" Friday on my Mind b/w Have
a Good Time - 1986. GN12.
12" versions of above singles
7a. 12" Stay with Me b/w Tomorrow
Never Comes (remix)/Don't Turn Away (remix) - 1985. GN9(T).
8a. 12" Give it to Me b/w At the
Dance Part 1/At the Dance Part 2/The More You Get/The Gents' Drunken Party - 1986. GN11(T).
9a. 12" Friday on my Mind b/w Have
a Good Time/Dogshit Blues - 1986. GN12(T).
1. This Way to the Gents - cassette-only sampler album - 1981 (Initial copies with yellow/blue/black coloured insert sleeve and full fold-out
section, second run with just the yellow/black colouring with one less fold-out flap and subsequent copies with
black & white copied insert sleeve and just track listing inside) POSH 002.
2. How it all Began - 1985, 12" album with picture
3. Waiting to be Seen - 1987, 12" album with picture cover. PSM10.
- 1981. A compilation 12" album of
the finalists in 1981 Battle of the Bands competition, featured the Abbey Road debut single version of The Faker.
5-4-3-2-1 Go - The Countdown Compilation
- 1985. 12" album and CD Compilation
of mod bands from the mid-eighties scene, includes a remixed version of the How it all Began LP/B-side of Shout!
version of The Faker. LP - DREW 1, CD - MODSKA CD6.
7" All or Nothing - 1985. The Mod Aid single. Features Martin Burton on the B-Side version of the Small Faces song. 7" - 7-THE-1.
12" All or Nothing - 1985. The Mod Aid single. Features Martin Burton as one of six soloists singing one line on the A-side "Traditional
Version" of the Small Faces song. Also features Steve Marriott, PP Arnold, Chris Farlowe, Bryn Gregory and Eleanor Rigby).
Dedicated - The Mod Aid All-Dayer -
1986. 12" double album of the Mod-Aid
event at Walthamstow Town Hall on 15.12.85. Features At the Dance Part 1 and Act Now, a song written by Martin Burton for Mod-Aid. The Gents were one of only two bands
to have two songs on this LP. THE-2.
Others - there were also three or four different tapes that were sold at gigs
around 1985-87, of demo versions of songs that appeared in various other places at different times. I don't really include
these as proper "releases" as such, as they were neither singles nor albums.
This is the comprehensive list, unless of course, as they used to say on That's Life, you
know differently, but I'll be very surprised if you do...